Wednesday, February 12, 2014

You know what I like? Food!!

Food - it sticks with you...

I love food. Really love food. And it loves to hang out with me long after I eat it. 

My mission with this blog is to share some GOOD for you foods, recipes, methods, and occasionally some decadent treats. I've discovered that if you eat ONLY what is good for you, you start to feel punished (if you have my guilt factor) and a little gratuitous treat eating is preferable to a full on binge.

What is good for you? According to Weight Watchers, doctors, and healthy people, a balanced diet. That means you should have protein, carbs, fiber, and some fat. 

Olive oil is best for the fat requirement. There are other oils, too. Canola and flax seed oils are also good.  

With that established, let's get to the fun foods.

Protein. 

 Yep. Steak is my go to protein. (Imagine a choir of angels now as they over over a grill with a sizzling steak basking over hot coals.) I also like chicken and pork. Tofu - not so much, but I have a recipe I can share for a tofu lasagna that will knock your socks off!

Post #1 is sharing a (an?) Hawaiian Marinated Flank Steak posted by The Clever Carrot.
hawaiian marinated flank steak | The Clever Carrot

The photos at this blog beat anything I can do right now, so I'm going to share her photo, too. Just seeing how juicy this steak is makes me drool.

Pair this with some roasted vegetables and a crisp and zesty salad and you really have something that can be good for you, delicious, and not make you feel as though you are subsisting on rabbit food.

Other bloggers have some amazing foods out there, too, and I'm going to search and find those that get my creative juices flowing, and keep my appetite sated.

Yes, we will see desserts. And Bacon. And vegetables that will make you want to run to the market and stock up! And Cheese. Looking for vegan or vegetarian...keep scrolling through your options...this isn't the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment